With several special exhibits and presenters, we saw and learned a lot…and had some fun too. (Links are below for more information, and yes, I probably missed a few!)
As a bonus, the second floor of the museum is home to the Galveston County Model Railroad Club. All I can say is Wow…incredible attention to detain in some of those setups. The main model railroad displays are only open on Saturdays, but they do have some exhibits available on the balcony.
Hope you enjoy our video!
Here’s the links I mentioned…AS you can see...we have a lot more to check out as we go about in Texas!
- Texas City Museum www.texas-city-tx.org/page/rec.museum
- Galveston County Model Railroad Club www.gcmrrc.org
- Sons of Union Veterans of the Civil War www.suvcw.org
- Pirates of the Gulf Coast www.piratesgulfcoast.com
- Light Houses of Texas/Steph McDougal www.facebook.com/lighthousesoftexas
Here it is on Amazon…we’re not affiliates, just thought some folks may be interested
- Texas Navy www.texasnavy.org
- Flower Garden Banks www.flowergarden.noaa.gov
- Ocean Star Offshore Drilling Rig Museum www.oceanstaroec.com
- Brazosport Museum of Natural Science www.bmns.org
- Texas Historical Commission www.the.state.tx.us
- Galveston Naval Museum www.galvestonnavalmuseum.com
- Houston Maritime Museum www.houstonmaritime.org
- Turtle Island Restoration Network www.seaturtles.org
- Coast Guard Auxillary www.cgaux.org
Music Clips from YouTube Audio Library:
Lightning Bugs by Geographer
Reuben’s Train by Nat Keefe with The Bow Ties